Pageviews past week

Monday, December 03, 2007

The Dow lost 57 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. A pullback here is expected and needed if the rally is going to have legs. A positive was the lighter volume to the downside. I'll still remain constructive on the market unless we take out the November lows. I don't think that's going to happen. But what do I know? Gold gained $5 as the US dollar was weaker. ABX and NEM were both up over a half but the volume was light there as well. I think gold may have more room to go on the downside but I'm not sure. I really need to get a better handle on it to make a trade. Sidelines for now. GE was in the spotlight today as it was downgraded by some analyst and got pounded down a buck forty. The volume was extremely heavy. Does it bode ill will for the overall market ahead? Maybe. My hope is that today got rid of all the sellers and we will move sideways and return to the upside. That said, this trade was initiated on a weekly basis, so the end of the week close is what's important here. My options are again in the red but not as bad as I'd expect after a day like today. So we'll see. Mentally I'm a bit tired. Would not be surprised if we see weakness until Fridays employment report. What I don't want to see is a complete collapse from here. A slow steady decline would make me feel the prognosis for higher prices is correct. It's also possible we won't do much until the Fed meeting next week. That's unlikely but possible. So as usual it's a wait and see type of game. I'll be looking for some OEX calls if we get oversold.

No comments: