Pageviews past week

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Dow gained 101 points today on light volume ahead of the Fed. Advance/declines were almost 2 to 1 positive. We are overbought here and I expect a sell-off after the Fed announcement. I don't think it will be the beginning of anything big. It will possibly be a chance to pick up some OEX calls for expiration week. Gold rose $13 today and the XAU followed, up over 2 points. ABX and NEM were both higher by about 80 cents however the volume was light. Not a lot of volume before the Fed. GE was up around 20 cents on good volume before the analyst meeting tomorrow. Perhaps there will be some good news to propel the stock higher. I hope so for my options sake. Technically speaking, the weekly up trend line in GE has held for now. As long as it holds, I'm staying in the trade. Mentally I feel fine, got a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is all about the Fed and once that is done we will get back to the data. What was interesting about today was the fact that another brokerage had to increase its loan loss yet the Dow was up a hundred. When the market rises in the face of bad news, it's bullish. That's why I feel that even if we sell off tomorrow we will be coming back soon. But that's a guess as always. The market will go where it wants and do what it wants.

No comments: