Pageviews past week

Thursday, December 06, 2007

It was another positive day on Wall Street as the Dow rose 175 points. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 positive but the volume was a little light again. I am surprised by the strength of this move. That said I think we are due for a rest. We can't just go straight up from here can we? I doubt it. In fact I wouldn't mind owning some puts right here as we are just about at a daily down trend line on the OEX. Plus the volume hasn't been as robust lately. Employment report tomorrow. I don't have any inkling this month for the numbers. Gold rose $3 today and the XAU followed the market higher by 3 1/2. ABX and NEM were both higher today. The former on average volume the latter on lighter volume. I'm staying out of this market for the time being. I will be getting long again eventually. However when that will be, I don't know. I haven't had a good feel or decent technical signal since the big run-up concluded. GE was up a half on light volume. Perhaps the weekly up trend line will hold. The weekly MACD is so blown out to the downside that I now think that this trade has a chance to work. The options didn't do much today though. So we'll see. Mentally I am a bit tired as I did not get a good nights sleep. Today the Federal government announced a bailout sub-prime package. I'm not here to discuss the merits of this thing. The only thing that is important is the markets reaction to the news. It was positive. It doesn't matter if the plan works or not. You have to respect price movement. Trading is about making money, not whether or not you agree with what the government is doing. We will get another dose of this next week with the Fed announcement. On to the employment report.

No comments: