Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Dow gained 4 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. Looks like a nothing expiration with some chop at this point. Lackluster action and hard to make any money. Gold did nothing today and the XAU was down a touch. NEM was up and I could have gotten a better price today if I had waited. But what else is new? I had to bail out when I did and it was stupid. A panic sell to complete a horrible trade. Yes I'm still back there at yesterday, lamenting my ineptitude. Really no excuse for the way that trade went. Sold out at the low at the end of the day like an idiot. Could not really risk an overnight hold again. Was a day late in realizing that capital must be preserved. Idiot. Cannot allow gains to be turned into losses. How stupid is that? Do not know what else to say at this point. Looking towards September to get things right again. Really a blow to confidence and that is critical in the game. Gotta just forget it and move along but it won't be easy. Has to be done though or more bad trades will follow. I can't let that happen. I'll try and take some time off to get my head together but I can't promise anything. Lousy feeling. Don't want to repeat it...

No comments: