Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Dow was up over 100 points today but couldn't hold it and ended down 20 points. A one day reversal on heavy volume. Advance/declines were positive. Interesting as oil touched $65 a barrel. Gold was up a little and the XAU rose over a point. The NEM calls are now showing a profit but I am very concerned about this trade. The volume was OK but not all the gold stocks rose with good volume. NEM did and that's a positive but... The trade number is on Friday. That I suppose will make or break this trade. NEM has an overhead downtrend line that comes in at $41 and that will be key if we get a rally. I am worried though and have to make some decisions about where to go from here. Of course looking back, it would have been nice to purchase some OEX puts this morning but I didn't. I was too busy watching the XAU. The summation sell signal is a valid one. Pay attention. Might still get a chance to get some puts for a play next week. Or perhaps we are just in a sideways pattern for the market. Tomorrow should be a nothing day for gold as we wait for Friday. I'll be hanging on...

No comments: