Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dow soars over 130 points on expanding volume. Breaks through the 50-day moving average with ease. Advance/declines over 3 to 1 positive. Missed opportunity. It kills me. I can't really beat myself up over it but I do. There is no excuse. The focus and attention needed for success just wasn't there. It should have been. Gold did not move up today and the dollar was weaker. But the XAU was up over 2 points at one point today. Another missed move. Why? Just not good enough. Had the right idea and could not take advantage of it. Probably some carryover from the recent losing streak. Confidence breeds success and vice versa. When you're in a bad way it will tend to stay there. Somehow you need to regain what you lost mentally. That's why it is such a difficult game. It is all up to you. The markets are just there. Where I go from here is up for discussion. I can't continue to dwell on what could have been or I will not see what's coming ahead. I will just have to keep on doing the work and take my chances when I deem them appropriate. There is really nothing else I can do. My mind is close to being back where it needs to be but it is not there yet. The ongoing battle within myself continues...

No comments: