Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Greenspan spoke today after the inflation report. He said don't worry about inflation. Basically, that's it. Market rallied good, up over 80 points on the Dow at one point. However we have sold off in the final hour and were up only around 10 points. Now coming back with 15 minutes to go, up about 40. Bonds had their best day in quite a while, up big. Advance/declines at least 3 to 1 positive. Volume looks light again, even with options expiration week. Gold was up $4 with the XAU up a couple points and NEM up a point. I don't want to think that I have missed that trade here. I am hoping the gold market will come back and set up a better double bottom for the July options. But maybe it won't. Time will tell and I will not chase it here. Any other trades on the horizon? Doubtful for this week if I can maintain some discipline. I still think we will rally this week with the OEX approaching 560. But I don't have enough conviction to back that up with cold hard cash. I suppose I'll wait for gold and see what happens...

No comments: