Pageviews past week

Sunday, June 06, 2004

S&P futures are off a little bit and gold is up a tad. The dilemma at this point is that there is no clear signal in a sideways market. There are 2 weeks until option expiration. Is the gold correction over? Which way will the Dow move? At this point, I have no answers. I should stay on the sidelines until something clearly appears. That's what I should do. But the markets call like the sirens on a forbidden island. I've somehow got to find a way to remain patient. Even if it means waiting until July to make a trade. If a good signal appears, then I will act. If not, I'll have to wait. It's real money I'm trading with, not some fantasy account. It's hard to remember that sometimes. And so it goes. I suppose if we are weak in the early part of the week I'll look to get some calls. If we rally up to the multi-week downtrend line in the OEX early I'll look to short it there. Gold is a different story. I would like to get long but am not sure if this is the right spot. It could be. But I think I will wait for the stochastic to get down under 20 on a daily basis. Plus a 50% or better pullback from the 3 week rally. That would be a more logical entry point. But ya never know. I was also looking at PFE but that's an iffy proposition also. Trading is hard but having patience is harder. Globex quotes unchanged now. I suppose that trading is a battle with oneself and the markets at the same time. If it was so simple everyone would always win and nobody would ever lose. But we know better than that. It is a sometimes cruel game that pits you against some of the best minds and the most money available. Money moves around and you hope to follow it and take a little for yourself if you can. But make no mistake it is tough, time consuming and treacherous. This game will eat you alive. The markets don't care who you are or where you came from. It's not for everybody. Before you get started, you'd be wise to find out if it's for you...

No comments: