Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The Fed raised rates a quarter point. Ho-hum. It was widely anticipated. I can't remember when the consensus on such a thing was so universal. The Dow didn't do much, was up 22 points. Gold didn't move much but the XAU was up almost a couple points and NEM gained back what it lost yesterday. My options gained a little. Don't know about this trade. Maybe it will work but I doubt it. I think the OEX has room to move up a little from here but I'm not expecting anything big and I think we will be rangebound for a while. The VIX is very low so I don't see a huge move up at this point. CBOE call/put ratio has been gaining bullishness which isn't a positive. However my own RSI tool shows that we could be getting a little oversold. Mixed bag for sure. The employment report on friday and then everybody out for the long holiday weekend. Summer doldrums? You bet. Not the greatest time to be trying to make money but we shall see. Nobody said it would be easy...

No comments: