Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Here early today to announce a trade in gold. Gold moved up $8 today. I hope I'm not chasing the move but I am. However I am believing this is a multiweek upmove. The weekly charts are just getting started to the upside. I did something that I don't usually do and bought some August calls. Normally I think that options are a short term trading tool. I really think that that's what they do best. However this move in gold should last a while as long as the dollar stays weak and the geopolitical landscape remains uncertain. And those trends I expect to continue. I didn't put a lot into this trade, only 5 contracts for the NEM 42.5 August calls. NEM is up a buck right now to 39.90 or so. I'm not sure how this will work out, there is a lot of resistance at 42.5 for NEM. Plus it's out of the money with its price based on time and volatility premium. It could be a bad trade, who knows? The next few weeks will tell. I'll be back around closing time with the daily update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be alerted to the Hottest Stock Picks!
Join Emerging Growth Alert Newsletter

By joining the team at Emerging Growth Alert you will be in position to receive stock alerts profiling stocks about to move or already in motion. Our alerts are sent in time for you to research, investigate and make a decision about whether this opportunity is right for you.You will not be bombarded with junk mail. There is ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION, and the service is entirely FREE.

P.S.
You may think this is spam but this is only an invitation for those interested to receive Stocks alert – ONLY stock alerts... Thanks to those who subscribed :)
http://stocks.freetzi.com
http://www.zendurl.com/cashing