Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Now back to the upside as the Dow gained 240 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were better than 2 to 1 positive.  The summation index is trying to turn back up.  We were positive for the whole session with a gap to the upside to begin the day.  The Fed minutes had a minor negative effect that was quickly forgotten.  The market has the feel of wanting to go higher.  The short term technical indicators are moving up and aren't overbought yet.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes.  GE was off another 1/4 and the volume remains good.  Gold lost a few bucks and the US dollar was slightly higher.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional losses on pretty light volume.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Perhaps if we get a light volume rally going here it will present an opportunity to purchase the SPY September puts.  I do not think that any rally here has any staying power.  I could be wrong.  We did close below the 16 level on the VIX.  That caught my eye.  The VIX now rests on its 50 day moving average.  If it gets through there I may have to adjust my thinking.  Getting oversold now on the VIX and that's something to watch.  I'm still in the camp of letting this week pass and going from there.  Asia was lower and Europe higher in last nights trade.  We'll keep an eye on the overnight developments.  

No comments: