Pageviews past week

Monday, July 31, 2017

Lackluster trading to begin the week and end the month.  The Dow gained 60 points on average volume.  The advance/declines were slightly positive.  The summation index is trending sideways.  We did have a one day reversal to the downside in the S&P 500.  On Friday the McClellan oscillator gave a signal for a big move within the next two trading sessions.  So we'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.  We remain short term overbought for most of the major averages.  GE gained a few cents on average volume.  Gold barely moved despite another decent drop in the US dollar.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional losses on light volume.  I will put in an open order for the longer term ABX gold share calls while I'm away.  But I'll price them for some type of pullback scenario since the gold shares are short term overbought at the moment.  This does look like simply a missed trade though at this point.  Mentally I'm feeling OK but not focused as I should be because I am leaving on vacation today.  The blog most likely will return in the middle of next week.  I do not anticipate being near a computer for a while but if I get the chance, I will provide an update.  There's a bit less than three weeks left in the August option cycle, so a trade is possible.  However taking time off will probably negate that possibility.  Overdue for some pullback in the overall market but that's been the case for months.  Asia was mixed and Europe mostly lower overnight.  I'll be back soon.

No comments: