Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Some more downside today as the Dow fell 53 points on better volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  The summation index is still trending lower.  We were off over 100 points during the session but made a comeback.  Still waiting on Fridays employment report.  But the volume did pick up today so perhaps the players are returning earlier than usual.  If we do get some weakness tomorrow, I might try the SPY September calls.  I'll be looking things over again tonight.  We are short term oversold on some of the major stock indices.  GE was lower by 1/8 and the volume picked up here as well.  Gold fell another $5 or so on the futures.  The US dollar finished little changed.  The XAU dropped 1 2/3, while GDX shed 3/8.  Volume was average.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The Bollinger bands on the S&P 500 are implying a big move in the near future.  My guess will be that it will happen on Friday.  Which way things go is the question.  What I don't want to do here is make a trade just for the sake of making one.  To me things are leaning towards a bullish resolution to the long sideways congestion that we've endured throughout the summer.  It isn't the best signal to go long before Friday but I do believe the odds lean that way.  I'll have to look things over tonight.  Asia was mixed and Europe lower overnight.  My guess is that Thursday will be a wait and see affair.

No comments: