Pageviews past week

Monday, July 09, 2012

A lackluster start to the trading week as the Dow fell 36 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  Monday back from a long holiday week and the summer doldrums are here.  For a day at least.  No news of any importance and Europe was quiet today.  We are trying to bounce off of the 50 day moving average in the Dow.  I may try the OEX calls later in the week.  GE didn't do much today and the volume was light.  No trades there for now and the earnings are due on the last trading day of the July option cycle.  The gold futures were up $10 as the US dollar fell today.  The XAU dropped a point and change though as the gold shares are lagging the price of the metal itself.  That isn't a bullish sign for those issues.  ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional losses on light volume.  My August ABX calls are in the red now.  However I still plan on holding them for now.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  There is trend line support for the OEX at the 615 level.  If we work our way back to that, I will probably try the July 620 calls.  That is the next idea on my radar screen.  I'd like to hang on the the August ABX calls until the earnings come out later this month.  But the markets will go where they want to.  I don't expect much out of this week.  Not much economic data due.  The Fed minutes will be out on Wednesday.  Earnings reports begin tonight.  We'll see if there are any surprises. 

No comments: