Pageviews past week

Friday, May 05, 2006

The Dow rose 138 points on light volume today. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. The market keeps chugging higher. I don't know what to say. There is a lot of money around that needs to find a home I suppose. I certainly can't explain it. My gameplan now is to look to get short ahead of the CPI, which doesn't come out for over a week. Gold was up over $680 today. Parabolic and I should not have gotten in front of it. In a bull market you either get long or stay out. Even though the NEM puts would have worked, it still wasn't the proper trading tactics. I sold the ABX puts for an 85% loss. Ouch! Of course I should have had a stoploss order in at 50%. But I'm an idiot. It wasn't as big as the last ABX debacle but it was big none the less. I'm putting it behind me though and looking for the next trade. You've got to stay positive and move on. There is always another trade. I'm not going to whine about it, it was a mistake and I've got to move on. I will. In retrospect, it was all wrong and it cost me. This game isn't for the meek and it isn't for the stupid either. But when you do dumb things it costs you. I was lucky to get out without a total loss. And so it goes. I need to check the charts and look for something over the weekend. Two weeks until expiration and there will be some good trades in there if I can find them. FED meeting on Tuesday and that could be the next market mover. Gotta wait for a signal though. Either that or wait for the CPI. That's the plan for now. Could change over the weekend...

No comments: