Pageviews past week

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Dow bounced back 47 points today. Volume was decent but the advance/declines were negative. I had an order in for some OEX calls but it didn't get filled. Just missed. Not sure what to do now as the market has already started back up. We are still oversold though and the bounce could last. I'd actually still like to get some calls if we drop tomorrow. But I think I missed it. We'll see. If we continue higher early in the week, I'll look for maybe an end of the week short. The trend is down. The McClellan oscillator is in a spot to bounce though so we will probably work higher here. Who knows? Gold got clobbered today and was down $30 at one point. The XAU was off over 10 points at on juncture also. So I missed that one too. It happens. Should have been bolder there but what can ya do? My trading ideas have been right on as of late but the timing is off. I'll continue to work on it. Mentally, I'm keeping my focus and trying not to get so down on myself. I'm continuing to do the work that's necessary and the good trades will come if I do that. There isn't much more I can do. I got a good nights sleep last night and I almost hit this OEX trade. Maybe tomorrow. No other ideas for right now. I'll probably have to pass on gold here for a while until the indicators get back to normal and that could take a couple of months. Inflation reports the next couple of days and maybe I can trade off of them. Hard to say...

No comments: