Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Dow rose another 55 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. I'd like to get some OEX puts here. Short term we are overbought. I will check the McClellan oscillator tonight. If it gives a sell signal, I'll buy some puts tomorrow. We'll see what happens and as always, I could change my mind. Gold was up $20 today and hit $700. So much for getting short there. The XAU was up 7 points. I really need to stay away from this market for now. That would be the wise thing to do. Until another buy signal appears or it returns to the uptrend line. It is parabolic and out of control. The normal technical indicators won't work in a market like this. I'll have to focus on the stock indices for now. Actually I'm not so sure of myself at the moment. It would probably be best to just step aside here and go to the sidelines for a while. But there also is a window of opportunity until the expiration next Friday. So the battle is within myself as always. Mentally I'm indecisive and that will kill you in this game. I need to get back on track and stay disciplined. I slept good last night and am well rested. I need to continue the readings and get caught up. The Fed is tomorrow and we'll see what that does to the markets...

No comments: