Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Dow was down around 31 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were about even. I took yesterday off from the blog and we were down yesterday also. We are at short term oversold. Any downside tomorrow can be used to get long it you want to. However the summation index has turned down so I'm not so sure what to do here. I am trying to get long GE. I have a GTC order in for some January 35 calls. We are almost at the uptrendline for GE and I will get long there. If it doesn't hold, I'll get out. Might want to try some OEX calls here also. Not sure exactly what I'll do but should try something if the technicals call for it. Gold was down again today and is now under $500. The XAU fell a couple points too. Staying away from that market for now. No clear idea of what to do there. I'll wait for the XAU to get back to the trendline. But this market could be over as far as the longside goes. Don't know for sure but I'll keep an eye on it. No other trading thoughts for now but I do expect some strength here in the stock market towards the end of the year in anticipation of the new year. Mentally I'm a bit tired as I had to get up early today and did not get a full nights sleep. Also trying to be patient here as the options have an extra week on them. But I have to do it when the signal comes and it looks like we are getting one tomorrow but it could be a weak one. We'll see...

No comments: