Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Dow lost 45 points today. It came back in the last hour and that is encouraging. The volume also contracted and that's a positive. Advance/declines were negative. I was expecting a pullback and if we can contain it here that will be good. If not my OEX calls will be losers like they are now. I should have dumped them yesterday and re-bought them back today but hindsight is easy. I'm not sure that they will work out now because they have not been able to take out the highs as yet and it doesn't look right now like they can. I tried to get some GE calls and this is strictly a short-term trade. I have a GTC order in and this is at most a 3 day trade right now. I don't know if it will get filled but we'll see. We should see some strength in the overall market in the next 2 days. That is my guess for here. Maybe not tomorrow but by Friday for sure. Gold continues to move higher and I just can't bring myself to get long when it has moved so far and is way overbought. But who knows what I will do. The XAU is now over 120 and the January calls I was thinking about are just too expensive. It is going to be tricky to get out of this OEX trade at this point. I may not get a chance at a profit. I think the GE trade will work if my scenario of some positive action takes place. My ideal situation would be a move to new highs but that is wishful thinking at this point. The Fed meets next week also and that will tone things down at the beginning of the week. Mentally I'm a little down for not doing the right thing but I still think there will be some moneymaking opportunities here before the expiration and I will try to keep in tune with what is happening to exploit them. I also do not want to project what happened last month into this one because I don't think I could get that lucky again so soon...

No comments: