Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Bouncing around today with a sell off in the final half hour as the Dow fell 87 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were slightly positive.  The summation index is still heading lower.  I'm not exactly sure of what to make of todays action but I'm still in the camp for lower prices sooner or later.  I'm also still looking for a move up to 2465 on the S&P 500 to buy the September puts.  Hopefully the market will cooperate.  Light volume here as a lot of the players are still on vacation.  I'll remain patient for now but I do still have in the open order on the SPY.  GE was off 20 cents on average volume.  I'm still looking at the longer term calls here.  Gold gained $5 on the futures as the US dollar was a bit weaker.  The XAU and GDX had fractional gains on light volume.  The gold shares continue to be firm here but they are short term overbought.  Mentally I'm feeling a bit tired, not enough sleep.  I think the next couple of days will be important and I'd keep an eye on the RUT.  If it breaks above its short term down trend line, that would be a positive in the short term for the overall market in my view.  It would also help with setting up the SPY September put trade that I'd like to try.  So I'll be watching that very closely in the next two sessions.  If we keep heading lower here, then the market is weaker than I give it credit for at this time.  We are in a seasonally weak time period.  The market is also thinly traded at the moment and that presents other challenges as well.  Tread carefully but if a signal come up, take it.  Asia was higher and Europe lower overnight.  We'll see how it goes tonight. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stock market is closed and here are todays important news -
Today's Top nifty gainers are Auropharma +4.80%, LUPIN +3.99%, CIPLA +2.93%, Sunpharma +2.71%.
and Top losers in nifty are HCLTECH -1.57%, ACC -1.38%, ADANIPORTS -1.35%, BAJAJAUTO -1.04%.
stock tips