Pageviews past week

Friday, August 11, 2017

A day of hanging around after yesterdays debacle as the Dow rose 14 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were slightly positive.  The summation index continues lower.  I did place an order for the SPY August calls but it never got close to being filled.  I still like the SPY call idea here if the scenario I'm thinking of plays out.  I'd like to see a drop below the 2430 level on the S&P in order to purchase the calls.  This would complete what looks to me as an A-B-C-D-E pattern or a 5 wave down pattern on the S&P.  That would be the set up to get long on a short term basis and be out by Thursday of next week.  That is the game plan for now.  GE was off a dime on pretty light volume.  Gold added six bucks on the futures as the US dollar was lower.  The XAU and GDX were little changed on light volume.  I canceled the open order for the ABX longer term calls.  This trade was missed.  I may try it again if the gold shares get oversold but the ideal time has passed.  Mentally I'm starting to feel a little better and trying to get back into the swing of things.  Vacations and trading don't mix.  The decline stopped today but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is over.  The breaking of the long term uptrend line in RUT must be respected.  I'll go out on a limb and say that I think we've seen the high in the S&P of 2490 for the year.  Perhaps I'm wrong there but I do think you have to at least consider that possibility.  There's a potential negative RSI divergence on the longer term weekly chart for the S&P.  The market will probably open Monday playing off the events or lack thereof over the weekend.  I'm feeling a bit tired and will be catching up on some rest this weekend.  I will however, go over all the charts as well.  We'll be into option expiration week and there's still a chance to attempt a short term trade.  Europe and Asia were lower overnight with the exception of the DAX which was flat.  It's a Friday afternoon in the summer and time for a rest.

No comments: