Pageviews past week

Monday, June 05, 2017

A quiet trading day to start the week as the Dow fell 22 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  The summation index is still moving up.  I didn't place any orders today as my thinking is that we are simply seeing a pause before we head back up.  If we are lower for the beginning of the week, I'll try the SPY June calls on Thursday or Friday.  If we start to head back up here soon,  I'll try the SPY June puts later in the week.  After todays economic data, which came in a touch weaker than expected, the rest of the weeks reporting is light.  So I expect things to be headline and technically driven for the remainder of the week.  GE was up a dime on good volume.  On the daily chart here it looks like a double bottom has been put in with a positive RSI divergence.  This could bode well for the overall market.  Gold didn't do much today despite another terrorist attack in London.  The US dollar had little change as well.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional losses on very light volume.  They did come up from the lows of the session.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Really not much to take away from todays session.  We're still overbought for all the major indices.  I'd still like to see a move to the 2450 level in the S&P.  That would give me the confidence to try the puts if we can get there this week.  But the market rarely cooperates.  There's still no overhead resistance and todays volume was pretty light.  So I'm pretty sure there will be another attempt to move higher in the near term.  The only action that would negate that would be a sharp drop in price.  I'll still try to be patient but with only nine days to go in the June option cycle, the risk increases with each passing day.  Europe and Asia were lower overnight with the exception of the DAX.  We'll keep en eye on the overnight trading.   

No comments: