Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Another day to the downside as the Dow fell 75 points on heavy volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  The summation index continues lower.  We did see a bounce in the morning but the market could not hold on.  I'll be the first to admit that I simply do not know what is going on here.  When the market doesn't do what's expected, it's a time to be cautious.  Oversold now and with the summation index going down things could get rough.  My SPY December calls are now solidly in the red.  I did consider selling them today but again, the McClellan oscillator is in an area where at least a bounce should occur.  But who knows?  The market will go where it wants.  The overall market was much weaker than the Dow and that is a negative.  GE was up a quarter though on good volume.  I still have the open order for the January calls there.  Gold was off a few bucks on the futures despite the US dollar getting whacked again.  Plenty going on for a usually quiet month.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Perhaps we are getting the selling out of the way before a nice year end rally takes hold.  There may not be enough time left to save my SPY December calls.  The weakness is global so perhaps something underneath the scenes is taking place.  We should take our cues form the summation index though and with that in a downtrend lower prices should be expected.  Whatever idea that I had before on the stock indices moving higher here was wrong.  It also now appears that last Friday was your chance to get out of whatever long positions that you had.  Well, it certainly isn't the first time I've made a mistake.  We'll go on from here and I'll look for the bounce tomorrow.  We'll keep an eye on tonights developments and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: