Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A bounce back to the upside as the Dow gained 121 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were about 3 to 1 positive.  Todays price action negates the Friday bounce trade that I had in mind.  We would have needed to move sideways or continue lower for that trade to take place.  So now we go from here.  The overall market was stronger than the Dow.  The small stocks acted well.  The TRAN looks like it may stop its decline here.  I'm thinking that we will be moving back now to attempt new all time highs.  GE was flat on the session and volume was light.  Patience for now.  Gold didn't do much today and the US dollar finished flat as well.  The XAU and GDX were little changed on light volume.  I am now considering a bounce trade for the gold shares on Friday.  They are short term oversold and I'm thinking that the GDP revision will be lower.  I am looking at the ABX June calls and this would be a short term trade.  I will consider it tonight.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The stock indices are back in a place where they could go either way again.  However I now think that we'll be heading higher form here.  You always have to adjust to the information and price action at hand.  It isn't easy to do.  The short term technicals here are now mid-range for the major stock indexes.  Taking a gold share trade here is risky but it could pay off for strictly a short term play.  I'm looking at the ABX June 11.5 or 12 calls.  If there is weakness in ABX tomorrow, I'm probably going to try this trade.  So we'll see.  2 days left in the month of May.  We'll keep an eye on the foreign markets overnight and go from there.

No comments: