Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A day similar to yesterday as we sold off early and then made it all the way back.  The Dow gained 27 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were positive.  Still overbought and moving higher.  I would expect a decent move to the upside tomorrow, according to what I'm looking at.  The expiration week positive bias is just one of the reasons.  You never really know though, as the recent ascent has been on pretty light volume.  We'll see what happens.  It is probably too late for the January OEX calls.  GE didn't do much today and the volume was light.  The GE calls I have are still slightly in the black.  It looks like it will all depend on the earnings report due Friday.  However if we do have a good upside day tomorrow, perhaps GE can break through the downtrend line on the daily charts.  Wishful thinking perhaps.  Gold moved nicely higher again today, up $14 on the futures despite strength in the US dollar.  This relationship continues to baffle me as it has not acted in the normal pattern for some time now.  I do not know what it means going forward.  The XAU only rose 7/8.  ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves one way or the other again.  The volume was nothing special.  I almost bought some February ABX calls but didn't.  I am leaving in the open order for the February ABX calls that I already have opened.  Once again I'll need to see some weakness in ABX for this order to be filled.  Didn't happen today.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The market has the feel of wanting to go higher here and I'm in that camp for the short term.  But after this week, who knows?  Waiting on the GE earnings at this point.  Gold looks like it is going to hold its 200 day moving average here and that is usually bullish going forward.  However that doesn't mean that the gold shares are going to rally.  We've been moving sideways to lower in the gold shares since mid-November.  Gold has been dead money for quite a while.  I'm still willing to try the February ABX calls if we get some pullback though.  May just be another mistake.  Time will tell.  On to Wednesday. 

No comments: