Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 28, 2012

We got the Supreme courts ruling on healthcare today and the market initially sold off.  However the Dow made a huge comeback in the final hour to finish the day with just a loss of 25 points.  We were down 175 during the session.  Volume was average and the advance/declines were positive.  This now feels like a market that wants to go higher.  The summation index is heading to the upside.  The short term technicals for the stock indices are now oversold.  I am expecting the summer rally to kick back into gear here with the short holiday week coming up.  I could be wrong.  There's always a chance for some bad news from Europe.  GE managed a slight gain today and the volume continues to be good.  We are once again on the cusp of breaking the resistance at 20.25.  Calls are recommended if we get through that level but they probably should already have been purchased.  If 20.25 is breached to the upside on good volume it will also bode well for the stock indices.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll still try some July calls there.  Gold had a rough day as the US dollar was stronger.  The precious metal fell $28 on the futures.  The XAU dropped 3 points.  ABX down 1/3, GG lost 1 1/3 and NEM off a buck.  Volume was about average.  I dumped the ABX August calls that I had for a 60% loss.  I already didn't like the timing on the entry and decided to simply get out.  Plenty of time left but I did not want to stay.  I do still believe in that idea so I repurchased the ABX August calls at a lower strike price.  They are slightly in the black.  I could have held on to the first purchase and tried to cut the loss but then I would have had more money tied up in this idea than I wanted.  There would have been too much risk and the trade is risky enough as it is.  Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well.  The stock indexes made a good comeback today and we'll see if they can follow through tomorrow.  I suspect that they will.  Volume should be slow in the markets for the next week due to the July 4th holiday next Wednesday.  I took another trading loss today and I am almost back to breakeven for the first half of the year.  My trading has been horrible so far in 2012 to say the least.  I will have to do better in the second half of the year.  I don't expect any headlines out from Europe overnight but you never know.  We'll close out June tomorrow.

1 comment:

profit.biz said...

The trading market is where one can make good income on daily basis from trading methods. I appreciate your work very much. Great, keep it up.

MCX Tips India