Pageviews past week

Thursday, April 08, 2010

A one day reversal to the upside as the Dow opened lower and closed higher by 29 points. Volume was average and the advance/declines were positive. The market tried to sell off early, held and came back. We are still below 1200 on the S&P 500 and that level will be key to get through if the rally is to continue. Summation index moving sideways. I think we are simply marking time on the summation index until we head lower. The reading is very high. We'll see. Gold was flat today and the XAU as well. The gold shares were mixed on average volume. I dumped the ABX puts for a 55% loss. Thankfully there wasn't a lot of money in that trade and rightfully so. But it is another loss which seems to be the theme here for quite a while. That trade was a loser from the start. The trend there is up and I'll continue to monitor the May calls for an entry on a pullback. However if the overall market rolls over, it probably will take the gold shares with it. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep enough. 6 days in the April cycle and I get the feeling we will try and test the 1200 for the S&P 500. I hopefully won't be doing anymore trades for this option cycle but you never know. May has an extra week on the options. So I'll move on from this trade and look for something else.

No comments: