Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Got a bounce back today as the Dow gained 53 points on good volume. Advance/declines were positive. The Fed said nothing new and the market was in positive territory for much of the day. Spain has joined Portugal with a downgrade of its debt and that has led to some jitters. Getting short term oversold here but I'm still leaning towards the downside. The summation index is starting to head lower. We do have the beginning of next month approaching and that could lead to positive money flows. So it's a mixed bag but I'm thinking of perhaps some OEX puts before the employment report. We'll see. Gold was up $11 on the futures and the XAU rose 4 3/4. ABX, GG and NEM were all up around 1 1/2 on heavy volume. The ABX earnings were stellar. I sold my ABX calls for about a 120% profit. It wasn't a good trade. I could have done better had I held them longer during the day. Money continues to flow into gold due to the foreign debt uncertainty. Those problems are also supporting the dollar which was up a bit again today. The gold shares continue to outperform the metal itself and that's a positive. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep enough. I'm disappointed in the ABX trade. Even though I was aware of the earnings coming out, I really wasn't mentally prepared. I still think there is room to run here on the upside for the gold shares. I might even try them again in the May option cycle. However that trade is done and it's time to move on. OEX puts perhaps. I'll be checking the charts tonight.

No comments: