Pageviews past week

Monday, June 15, 2009

Finally some movement in the averages as the Dow dropped 187 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 6 to 1 negative. I've been waiting for this downdraft for 2 weeks and it has finally arrived. I don't think we are going to just head straight down from here but you never know. Of course now I don't own the OEX puts. But what can you do? Gold lost over $13 and the XAU shed 5 1/4. ABX, GG and NEM were all down a bit over a buck. Volume was nothing special. I bought some GG calls for this week. We are oversold on most of the technical indicators and at the lower Bollinger band. The 50 day moving average has just about been reached as well. This is strictly a short term trade. I'm out tomorrow if it can get into the black. Inflation data Tuesday and Wednesday. The dollar was very strong today and that along with the overall market weakness affected the gold shares. We'll see what happens. Mentally I'm feeling tired. Up early today and not enough sleep. Perhaps I should have just stayed on the sidelines but I think this trade has a chance. I could be wrong and have been often this year. So we'll see how things open tomorrow and go from there.

No comments: