Pageviews past week

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Dow gained 91 points on light volume. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 positive. Today had summer written all over it. No volume and even though it was a good up day, it may not mean anything. Short week and the employment report on Thursday due to the holiday. We are overbought on the short term here but not medium term as yet. No trades in the OEX here for me. Gold was flat and so were the gold shares with the XAU barely changed. ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves one way or the other on light volume. The dollar didn't do much either. Yes, I'd like to go long the gold shares if they pull back. But it is summer and huge moves are not expected, really. My thinking is that perhaps just sitting on the sidelines might be the prudent thing to do. We'll see. Mentally I'm a bit tired did not sleep well. So here we are and the best course of action may be to do nothing for a while. That isn't always easy to do. I suppose I will simply wait and see what happens. You don't lose any money but you don't make any either. I don't have a sense of urgency to do anything though. And even when I have had a sense of urgency I haven't been able to pull through on it lately.

No comments: