Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Dow lost 65 points today on lighter volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative. We were down twice as much but came back in the last hour. The market is showing a lot of resilience here and perhaps the case for being short is the wrong one. I'm still going to wait for the employment report on Friday. My OEX puts are in the black but not by much. To far out of the money I suppose. It's possible that there is a negative divergence on the S&P 500 RSI and if that is the case then the puts will work. We'll know within the next couple of days. Gold finally took a breather today as the dollar had a snap back. Gold lost almost $20 and the XAU fell 8 2/3. ABX down 1 1/2, GG lost 2 1/2 and NEM dropped 2. Volume was average. I'm going to keep an eye on gold as usual but I don't think I'll play it here. That could change of course. It's still very overbought even with todays action. Mentally I'm still not 100% as I'm fighting a slight cold or something. It's simply a waiting game for Friday at this point. That will be the key in my opinion. If we close higher for the week the uptrend will remain intact. If we close lower it sets up an interesting weekly chart and we could be in for a sustained drop. That's my guess at this point.

No comments: