Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's a waiting game as the Dow lost 16 points on average volume. Advance/declines were about even. All eyes are on the Fed announcement tomorrow. I don't know what will be said but we are oversold and I expect a decent bounce as I said yesterday. I would be very surprised if we were not up pretty good tomorrow. But hey, it's the market and anything can happen. Gold was up about $3 and the XAU rose 5 1/3. The gold shares outperformed. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come. Or not. ABX, GG and NEM were all up around 1 1/2 on light volume. My order for ABX calls wasn't filled and I'm leaving it open for now. The dollar got whacked today and I would have liked to have seen a better move in gold itself. That could mean that a rise in gold is in the future and not something imminent. But that's a guess. It is the summer too and a slowdown in everything can be expected. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep well. So it's the Fed tomorrow and after that there isn't anything else to move things this week. Next week is short with the end of the month and quarter followed by the July 4th holiday. So perhaps it's a time to just sit on your hands and wait for a good signal. The problem is that I think we are getting one for the gold shares at the moment. So we'll see.

No comments: