Pageviews past week

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Dow lost 25 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were positive. The overall market was stronger than the Dow. If we can hold up into Wednesday, then I might try the OEX puts. Otherwise I will probably have to sit it out. So we'll see where it goes. 4 days left in the April cycle so the risk is high. Gold was up $12 today and the XAU rose 2. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional gains on light volume. I do want some May gold calls but I'm going to wait for lower prices if possible. The volume pattern here has gotten pretty lousy. There just isn't much interest and that won't help move these issues much higher. Also gold itself is acting better than the gold shares. That isn't a good sign going forward. We are oversold on the gold shares though. You want to own them when nobody else does. It's never easy. Mentally I'm doing OK, slept well enough. So the idea for this week is to get some OEX puts if we have strength into Wednesday. If that occurs we'll have a short term sell signal and I'll give it a go. If the gold shares drop then perhaps I'll get some May calls. That's it for today.

No comments: