Pageviews past week

Friday, April 24, 2009

Another gain for the Dow as we were higher by 119 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. It's as if Mondays almost 300 points loss is an afterthought. You can't argue with price though. The so called bank stress test wasn't received badly. The truth is nobody really knows what it means. If we get to overbought next week, I may get some OEX puts. That remains to be seen. Gold was up $7 and the XAU rose 6 1/2. Finally the gold shares have started to act better than the metal itself. ABX up 1 1/4, GG rose 1 1/2 and NEM tacked on 2 and change. The only caveat was the volume, which was nothing special once again. The dollar got whacked and if that continues it could supply a bid for gold. My GG calls are back in the black. The weekly chart here could be turning positive and that would bode well for the future. Lots of gold company earnings next week and perhaps that will be a catalyst for the upside. Or not. GG doesn't report until May 7th. I will dump the calls when we reach overbought on the stochastic hopefully. Time will tell. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Still kind of lamenting the fact that I bought the GG calls too early but it really doesn't matter now. And dwelling on that fact won't change things. So I've got to go from here. I'm not sure just how much rally is left in gold here since the volume isn't there. I'm thinking perhaps I can sell my calls and then buy them back cheaper again while still in the May option cycle. But who knows? The overall stock market continues higher and I don't want to fight that fact with the OEX. Well, it is the weekend. I'll go over the charts and try and come up with some type of game plan for next week. For now it's time for a rest.

No comments: