Pageviews past week

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

No buyers today as the Dow lost 186 points. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 negative and the volume was light. It looks like the OEX put trade will be put on hold because we have already worked our way lower for now. Perhaps it will set up for the calls next week. Hard to say. We could get sideways action which is sometimes typical for this time of year. So it's a time to be patient and wait for the proper set up. Gold gained $10 today and the XAU managed to gain 2/3 of a point. Not encouraging for the long side. ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves both ways on light volume. No interest in gold at the moment. I do think that I'll try the May calls there when the stochastic reaches the bottom of its range. Could be soon. However the weekly charts don't look promising for the long side. So it is a tough situation to trade for now. I'll try and remain patient. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Only 2 trading days left for this week, with a long weekend approaching. Not a time to be too bold I think. I would like to do some type of trade for the April cycle but nothing is looking clear at the moment. As time goes by the risk increases. So it's the sidelines for now and I'll keep an eye on things going forward.

No comments: