Pageviews past week

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kind of an up and down day as the Dow lost 74 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 positive. The Fed lowered rates by a half as expected. Sell the news action? End of the month coming up. Where we go from here is the question. I still think we're forming a base here. Gold was up around $15 and the XAU rose 7 3/4. ABX and GG were both up over 2 on good volume. NEM was down a touch after yesterdays great move. I don't know if this is thee bottom for the gold shares but the volume was pretty good today. GE lost about 40 cents after being higher earlier. Volume was heavy. I'm still trying to understand the option pricing there. The GE calls I have are still in the black but the price movement is puzzling. Base building here as well. Mentally I'm a bit tired did not sleep as well or as long as needed. Data feed issues again and I hope today straightened things out for good now. Regardless, the markets go on. Credit issues remain but it isn't the same day to day bailout picture as it was before. I think the worst is over for the stock market for now.

No comments: