Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Another one of those 300+ point down days as the Dow lost 360 points. Advance/declines were 10 to 1 negative. I'm sure the volume was heavy but I'll get the numbers here when they come in. We broke 1490 on the S&P 500 and that is negative for sure. Summation index pointing down and accelerating. Probably more to come. We are getting close to the 200 day moving average and will have to hold there or it could get ugly. Gold gained another $10 but the XAU followed the market and was off over 4 1/2 points. ABX and NEM both had one day reversals to the downside on heavy volume. Is it time for the gold shares to take a rest? Who knows? Boeing held up pretty good again considering. It ended down around a half but was up most of the day. I dumped the calls for a small loss. Once we broke support on the S&P 500 there was no reason for me to hold onto this trade any longer. It never worked out the way I had thought and the price movement of the options was confusing to me at least. Can BA rally over the next 7 days? Perhaps but if the market comes back this issue hasn't come back with it yet. GE lost over a buck on good volume. I've still got the long term view that GE will see better days and will be looking to buy some longer term calls soon here. We will let the market sort itself out and take it from there. Mentally I did not sleep well but am feeling OK considering. I'm thinking of getting some gold puts again but I might just wait this out. Preservation of capital isn't a bad thing. It is getting to feel like it did in August, when the market just kept going down for no apparent reason. Yes the volume today was pretty good again but it doesn't look like a blow-off. So there should be more downside to come.

No comments: