Pageviews past week

Monday, November 26, 2007

Another day in the markets, another sell-off. The Dow lost 237 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative. You begin to wonder if it will ever end. And it will, eventually. Oversold and staying there which has been the tune for quite some time now. Summation index is still pointing down. Fridays rally was not to be believed and today confirms that. And on it goes. Gold was up a touch today but the XAU lost over 6 1/2 points. ABX and NEM both lost over a dollar on less volume then we've seen lately. I'm not sure what to do there so I'm staying out. The dollar continues lower. My thought is to short the gold shares but I'm not going to do it just yet. I'm thinking the Fed will not move interest rates lower at the next meeting but if the sock market decline continues unabated they might not have much choice. GE lost almost a buck on average volume. The calls I purchased are under water. How long will I hold them? It really depends on the weekly close. If we close below the weekly up trend line then I will have to exit. This trade was based on that line holding. So we'll see. Mentally I'm a bit tired again. Did not sleep all that well and was woke up early by the phone. The market decline isn't sitting well with me either. There are things going on that are not readily visible. Something is happening under the surface that I can't put a finger on. The market is not acting as it usually would, given the circumstances. But there is nothing that I can do about that. I can only observe and take action based upon what I see. Perhaps we are in the beginning of another bear market. I don't know. Time will tell. There is nothing wrong with staying on the sidelines until things sort themselves out. Preservation of capital isn't a bad thing.

No comments: