Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 01, 2007

We got clobbered today as the Dow lost 362 points. Advance/declines were over 5 to 1 negative. The summation index is rolling over but it has been back and forth all week. Tomorrow will be interesting with the employment number. I'm not sure of what to make of things here as it seems to be sub-prime related again. So we'll see. I had an overnight order for ABX puts but wasn't filled. Gold was down a bit today but the XAU lost 7 points. ABX was off over 1 1/5 and NEM lost more then 1 1/4. My theory is the employment report will be stronger then expected, the dollar will rally and gold will fall. That's a guess. Boeing lost $2 and I suppose in hindsight I should have dumped the calls and tried to buy them back cheaper. But who knows? The options don't seem to move much with the underlying one way or the other. Live and learn. GE lost 90 cents on average volume. I am pressed for time today and would like to continue the blog but.... The volume numbers don't look right again and I will post them here in a few minutes. OK, the volume was heavy. We had a day like this a couple of weeks ago and the market was able to hold up. Will it this time? That is the question. I will say this, when this decline is over it will set up for a rally that should last into the beginning of next year. That is my thinking at this point. Mentally I'm feeling OK but am now having questions about this decline. I did not expect a day like this. Tomorrow will tell a lot about what is going on.

No comments: