Pageviews past week

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It was a wild Halloween ride on Wall Street today with the Fed. We were up over 100, then went negative and came back to be up 137 points. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive but the volume was extremely light. So much so that I will need to check and see if the totals that I have are correct. We should get some beginning of the month follow-thru tomorrow. I am thinking of getting some puts before the employment report for a short term trade. We'll see. My gold theory would not have worked as we rose about $8. The gold shares did have great earnings and the XAU was up over 7 points. There seems to be no end in sight. ABX was up 2 bucks on heavy volume and NEM soared over 4 points on extremely heavy volume. I did put in an order for ABX puts but it wasn't filled. I'm now thinking that perhaps that isn't the best course of action here but it does look interesting to me. However the gold shares show no signs of slowing down. They have been overbought for weeks. I might just stick to the OEX for a short trade here. But the trend is up. GE rose around 70 cents on OK volume. It looks like the $40 level is where GE wants to hold for now. We'll see going forward. BA was up 1 1/4 on average volume. I'd expect some weakness here soon as the market takes a breather but I think we are going higher and I suppose I'll be holding on until expiration at this point. Mentally I'm feeling fine. Got a good nights sleep and seem to be thinking clearly. I think we will drop on the employment report and that should be the next play. Maybe. So maybe I'm not thinking clearly. I suppose preservation of capital should come into the mix at some point. I'm still holding the BA trade, it's showing a profit. However if the volume figures are as low as they seem, I'll be looking to get some OEX puts tomorrow. I do not trust light volume rallies. Just got a recap on the volume. It wasn't light as previously reported. It was a heavy volume day. I will have to reassess the gameplan.

No comments: