Pageviews past week

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Dow lost 108 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative. We were down 180 at one point, getting close to the multi-week up trend line. Not sure of the cause but it might turn the summation index lower. We are short term oversold though. Gold was up over $8 today but the XAU only gained 3/4. Regardless I had to dump my ABX puts at a loss as that issue continued stronger, up around 70 cents on good volume. I still want to short this thing but will have to move to a different strike price. Gold itself is moving higher on lower volume and that is never good for the upside in the long run. That said it has been an amazing move in gold over the past 2 months. It's due for a rest but the timing is key. GE lost 20 cents on good volume and it looks as though this one has rolled over for now. I would wait until it gets back to the weekly uptrend line to look at the calls again. It could bounce around this week but it looks to me like the trend is now down for GE. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not get a good nights sleep. I would have liked to have seen another weak upside day today to get some OEX puts but it didn't happen. I'd like to try something this week but now I'm not so sure. Inflation data on Wednesday, should be a mover. I'll check things over again tonight and take it from there...

No comments: