Pageviews past week

Friday, December 22, 2017

Today was simply a drift as expected as the Dow fell 28 points on very light volume.  The advance/declines were just about even.  The summation index is trying to drift higher but has no conviction.  The VIX remains under 10.  No news to report and all technical conditions remain the same.  GE was up 3 cents and the volume here remains pretty good.  I'm still looking to get some January calls before the new year.  Gold found a bid and was up $8 on the futures.  The US dollar was little changed.  The XAU and GDX had fractional gains on light volume.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Still overbought for the stock indices but there isn't anything in the way of higher prices.  I'd expect some type of small Santa Claus rally to begin next week.  However I'd also look for slow trading and thin volume.  Monday is a day off and then it's simply a holiday week.  Many players won't be at their desks.  Tread lightly is my advice.  I still don't have any SPY trades in mind but I will be looking at the long side there.  Otherwise it's time to take a break.  I will check the charts eventually this weekend but taking a step back is what I really have in mind.  Asia higher and Europe lower in last nights trade.  Happy Holidays to everyone.

No comments: