Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 21, 2017

A bit lower today as the Dow fell 53 points on pretty light volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  The summation index is still moving higher.  We bounced around for much of the session in lower territory and extended the losses in the final half hour.  I don't think that this is the start of a big decline because I am looking for some strength at the beginning of next week.  My SPY October puts are still showing a slight loss.  I'm not exactly sure what to do with this position but will probably hold it over the weekend.  We're still short term overbought on the big cap indices.  The smaller stock indicators have already rolled over.  GE is moving up and gained 3/8 on good volume.  We've broken a short term down trend line that's been in effect since June.  I'll be looking for the longer term calls on a drop back to the recent low.  Gold sunk over $20 on the futures and has dropped below $1300.  It appears that gold reacted to the Fed today.  The US dollar was a bit lower.  The XAU and GDX had fractional losses on light volume.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  So we dropped a little today but it hasn't helped my SPY put options.  That is the effect of the time decay which makes options trading a challenge.  I'm still convinced that we'll see some type of decline in the October option cycle at some point.  Again, if this position gets stopped out, I'll try it again.  Perhaps in the middle of next week.  RUT has yet to break through the resistance at 1450.  Asia was generally lower and Europe higher but not by much.  A really lackluster response to the Fed.  We'll close out the week tomorrow.   

No comments: