Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

We limped around for much of the session as the Dow fell 2 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were almost 2 to 1 negative.  The summation index continues lower.  The internals are very weak.  That said, we are short term oversold and I do believe a decent bounce is coming tomorrow or Thursday.  I did get the SPY June calls this morning but my timing was not good.  I could have gotten a better price if I was quicker and ended up chasing it.  They are at break even now.  This is probably a trade that needs to be sold by the close on Thursday.  We'll see.  GE was up a few cents on what passes for average volume these days.  I still like the July calls here.  Gold was up a few bucks on the futures as the US dollar was slightly off.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional losses on light volume.  NEM got whacked on a deal to buy another miner by issuing more shares.  Perhaps the out performance there is coming to a halt.  I still am considering the ABX October calls.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The price action in the SPY calls today was interesting to say the least.  But at least there is plenty of liquidity there.  I am pretty sure that buying the calls here is the right trade.  Otherwise things will unravel and I don't see that happening tomorrow.  Maybe the retail sales report on Thursday can get things moving to the upside.  I think that will be the case if tomorrow is another day like today.  My execution on the entry today wasn't good.  I knew what I had to do and juggled around with the price too much.  The SPY is a fast trading vehicle.  I'm still fairly confident that this trade will work out.  Gold is still above $1150 and the volume has been light to start off the week.  I'm trying to remain patient there.  We'll watch the foreign markets overnight and take it from there.

No comments: