Pageviews past week

Monday, June 08, 2015

To the downside to begin the week as the Dow fell 82 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative.  We closed near the lows for the session and that is bearish.  The summation index continues lower.  The short term technical indicators are oversold for the major stock indices.  That said, I do believe that on weakness tomorrow SPY June calls can be bought.  That will be my next trade.  Unless the market is about to completely unravel, we should see a bounce either tomorrow or on Wednesday.  GE was off a nickel and the volume was light again.  I'm still considering the July calls here.  Gold was up $5 on the futures as the US dollar fell by over a point.  Considering the drop in the dollar, it wasn't much of a gold rally.  The XAU and GDX had fractional gains but volume did pick up a bit to the upside.  The gold shares are short term oversold here.  I am still leaning towards the ABX October calls if we get medium term oversold.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  My work says that some upside is coming.  I don't know how long it will last but there should be something by Wednesday.  Weakness can be bought tomorrow.  The overall market was weaker than the Dow today and we haven't seen that lately.  I will be looking to get some SPY June calls in the early hours of trading.  Of course I could be wrong and if I am we'll see quite a decline due to the technical nature of what is unfolding.  But I do not think that will occur.  Gold needs to hold the $1150 level and for silver it's $15.50 or we're heading lower.  Perhaps if we get to these levels in the coming days, I'll try the ABX October calls.  Too soon to tell.  Hopefully my timing on the SPY trade tomorrow will be correct.  We'll see if the overseas markets follow the US lower overnight.

No comments: