Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We opened higher but could not sustain anything to the upside as the Dow gained only 7 points on the day. Volume was average and the advance/declines were positive. Summation index is heading lower. I did put in an order for some April OEX calls and it was filled. The options are right at where I purchased them. Tomorrows open will be the key as we are oversold and due for a bounce in my opinion. There are only 2 trading sessions left for the April option cycle, so obviously this will be a very short term trade. We'll see what happens. GE was basically flat today on light volume. Gold gained a couple of bucks while the XAU fell 2 points. ABX and GG were both off about 1/4. NEM dropped 7/8. Volume was light. The dollar gained a touch today. I still like the gold shares going forward here. Perhaps there will be another attempt at the calls in the May option cycle for me. The weekly candlestick charts will not look bullish though if prices stay where they are or decline further in the next 2 days. I'll be keeping an eye on it. Mentally I'm feeling OK. I decided to take the chance on the OEX trade since there is a short term buy signal in place on one of my technical indicators. It may or may not pan out. I do feel good about being able to put the lousy ABX trade behind me and move on to the next perceived opportunity. Inflation data and initial claims are out tomorrow. That should be the early key to market direction. I'll take it from there.

No comments: