Pageviews past week

Monday, April 11, 2011

We bounced around today and ended pretty much flat as the Dow gained 1 point on light volume. The overall market was weaker than the Dow, with the advance/declines over 2 to 1 negative. I think we are perhaps setting up for a trade to the long side at the middle to end of the week. I'll be looking at the OEX calls if I decide to give it a shot. Plenty of economic data out this week. So we'll see what happens. GE was flat on the day with very light volume. I would try the April 20 calls here this week if I thought GE could make a decent upside move. Not sure and there isn't much time left on the options. Gold was off $6 today and more in the aftermarket. The XAU lost 6 1/4. ABX down 1 1/4, GG and NEM fell a buck. Volume was light. I did try the ABX April calls today. Of course now I wish that I didn't. The position is down almost 50% already. Can ABX make a comeback this week? Stranger things have happened but I really need to cut the loss here. It is the kind of trade that was risky, didn't work from the start and now needs to be let go. I would need to see some type of stunning reversal tomorrow. Won't happen. Not a lot of money at risk here but it will probably be a loser none the less. Mentally I'm feeling OK. I'm thinking about getting some OEX calls for later this week but the risk there would be high as well. However the market is getting oversold here. Plus it's expiration week which usually has a positive bias. I'll deal with the ABX trade and go from there. I probably need to be reminded that the short term trades are not my strong suit. I'll ponder things tonight to come up with the game plan for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

optiontips.in said...

Good covered point, lots of people simply put something weired theories

in front of public.But it doesn’t work i think because know one sure how

it will going to happen It looks like just coping ideas which someone has

already written. I found even on popular blogs guest bloggers bring same

theories which I already know. I observed they just try to spice up their

article without knowing what really audience want to read.

Thanks


Stock Tips