Pageviews past week

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We broke the resistance to the upside as the Dow gained 115 points on good volume. Advance/declines were almost 3 to 1 positive. We can expect higher prices going forward although there could be a retest of the breakout point. If this does occur, it will be a chance to purchase some May index calls. We'll see if that happens. Summation index moving higher. The S&P 500 is solidly through the 1335 to 1440 level. Fed announcement tomorrow. GE was up 1/4 on average volume. I'm still considering the May calls here. Not sure if that is the proper trade here. Gold lost $5 as it was actually down for a change. The XAU dropped 2 1/8. ABX led the way down again, off 1 2/3 on heavy volume. GG dropped 2/3 and NEM was flat. Volume was light in those issues. The US dollar continues weaker. I'm not sure trading the gold share calls is the way to go here. Still overbought on these issues with the exception of ABX. Maybe gold rallies tomorrow on an accommodating Fed. I'm not going to take any chances there though. Mentally I'm doing OK. So we got the expected breakout and I do believe higher prices are in the offing. Short term overbought though but that doesn't mean we can't stay that way. I think I will attempt the OEX May calls if we get a pullback. Let's see what the Fed does tomorrow and go from there.

No comments: