Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Right on back to the upside as the Dow gained 201 points on average volume. Advance/declines were about 6 to 1 positive. The summation index continues higher and that portends higher prices. Yesterdays decline can be chalked up to Bernanke. So we'll see if we can get above 1100 on the S&P 500 and go from there. I'm still going to wait for the OEX puts for September or October. That's the game plan for now. Gold was up $3 on the futures, while the XAU gained 3 2/3. ABX and GG were both up about 1/2. NEM was higher by 7/8. Volume was light as it has been. I don't know how much longer that I'll leave in the ABX August call order. The slight recent rise has been on very light volume. We are moving up from oversold on the technicals. So we'll see. I still expect the earnings next week to be good. The dollar took a big hit today and gold didn't rally that much. That's another warning sign about getting long the gold shares here in my opinion. It could just be a summer sideways pattern in the gold shares for a while. So I will have to think about this trade overnight. Mentally I'm feeling good. The stock market has had more movement than I expected so far this summer. We'll have to see if that continues. My scenario remains the same and patience is necessary. I'm trying my best to wait things out. So far, so good.

No comments: