Pageviews past week

Friday, July 16, 2010

It was a sell off expiration as the Dow dropped 261 points. Now that's what I had been looking for a bit earlier this week. Volume was a little higher than lately. The advance/declines were around 4 to 1 negative. So now the question will be is this decline the start of something bigger or simply a one day wonder? I have no answers at the moment. I can say the technicals will be oversold in a hurry. I also think after today things will slow down but I could be wrong. Gold lost $20 on the futures but came back a bit in the aftermarket. The XAU lost 5 2/3. ABX dropped 1 1/4, GG fell 1 1/8 and NEM lost 1 3/4. Volume was light. The dollar ended the day with little change. The gold share charts look negative but the Gold/XAU ratio is back on a buy signal. Earnings are coming out in a week and a half. Perhaps this will be the next trade. Mentally I'm feeling good, slept well. The August option cycle has an extra week so the premiums are high. I'll have to look things over again this weekend. Volume has slowed and the best course of action could very well be to do nothing. Trading earnings alone is never a good strategy. Plenty to think about over the weekend. It's a Friday afternoon in the summer. Time for a break.

1 comment:

Greg Thurston said...

Waiting for today's post. What are ABX, GG, & NEM?